Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Nike+ Human Race 10k London

Hi there! So, for those of you who don't know I have
been rehabbing my right knee for over a year now. I injured
myself running the Chicago Half Marathon. Now, after 4 months
of physical therapy and eight months of building up my
running time - I ran my first race - almost one year later, exactly.
When I first moved to London I could barely run for 10 minutes
without pain. It has been a very frustrating climb back but I ran the
Nike+ Human Race 10k in 1 hour! I am still not up to my normal pace
but I was very proud and ecstatic!

The Nike+ Human Race was a worldwide human race that

was the world's largest one day race. Throughout the day

over 30 different cities across the globe took part in the 10k

making it truly an international endeavor. The first race was in Taipei,

Taiwan and moved across the globe to include Melbourne, Madrid, Istanbul,

Rome, Sao Paulo, New York, Chicago and ending in L.A. Each country was

striving to have the best pace and London came in 2nd! We all

ran for charity and had a blast doing so! Just wanted to share my

little personal triumph! Love, Leah


2 comments:

Scott and Brooke- European Adeventure said...

Holy crap! You are such an athlete. Go you for not backing down on the running.

Miss you guys!
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
You look absolutely darling.
We leave on 10-1 for MN.
Will see everyone. Traveling with me is now a production but we carry on.
Much love,
Auntie Barb