Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Across the Pond

No, this is not what we wore for Thanksgiving. We kicked
off the holidays with attending the Swiss Ball the weekend before
Thanksgiving. It was held at Claridge's one of London's oldest
and poshest hotels. It was beautiful.


Here I am on Thanksgiving with my turkey. I prepared
the feast and my boss was kind enough to host because he
has much more space. So, Derek and I packed up all the
trimmings and took a taxi to his place.

This is Professor Steier my German boss who was
in for the week and was very excited to have his
very first Thanksgiving meal.


Here is my other boss Dr Sia and his friend Rajeev.
Dr Sia is the one who graciously hosted and happily
watched American football with Derek.


Instead of putting up the tree the weekend before
Thanksgiving this year we waited for a real tree.
This is our first real tree that was delivered but
Derek had to carry it up to the 3rd floor
because our lovely English lift was broken.
And yes - that is a Turkey hat on his head.


Here is the finished product complete with
our new ornaments from Harrods!

And what better way to complete Thanksgiving weekend
but with a shopping trip to Harrods. It is so
beautiful all lit up at night. Or shall I say afternoon -
it is dark at around 3:30 pm now and we don't see the
sun again until at least after 8:00 am.


We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and

we wish we could be there to celebrate the holidays

with you all. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to both of you.
I bet it is hard to believe your first Year in London is over.

What could be better than to end it at Harrod's and Claridge's?

Much love and big hugs to both of you.
Barb