Hello all! Sorry that it has been so long! We have had a bunch of
stuff going on! We are happy and proud to announce that we are
expecting our first child around June 23rd! We are very
excited and having a great time planning for our new arrival!
So, that being said I was not feeling well at all the month of November and
part of December. We were lucky enough to have one of my
cousins and his friends stay with us for a bit in November. They had been
travelling around Europe for almost 2 months! Wow! It sounded like
an amazing trip. It was great to see Donovan since I am not able to
be around my family very often. They were the best house guests too!
We celebrated Thanksgiving with our American friends here in London.
I was not sure what I would be able to eat because of my nausea but
Thanksgiving dinner went (and stayed) down well! Yay! I LOVE
Thanksgiving. It was my first night out since I found out I was pregnant
and we were able to announce our news to our London friends. It was
so fun!
Then in December we were lucky enough to host one of Derek's cousins,
Alex. He was here applying for internships at various banks. He is in business
school and is looking to land a great internship to further his career. Good luck,
Alex! It would be fun to have a family member in London!
We left London on December 19th amid terrible weather and
we were lucky to make it home. Below is a picture of our
Christmas tree in London.
We have almost bought enough new ornaments to cover
our tree.
This is me at 13 1/2 weeks - the beginning of my 2nd
trimester.
Oh, Sweet Home Chicago!
We had a little get together at the restaurant where
we had our wedding reception. This is where we announced
that I was pregnant to a bunch of friends and family.
Here is the Wismer, Beckman clan. Left to right - Stacy,
Shaun, Barb, Me, Derek and Anne.
Now on to Christmas Eve. We made a stop at the Palmer
House to have some Christmas cheer.
Me, Barb and Shaun at the Palmer House.
Mom and Dad on Christmas morning.
Christmas Eve family dinner at Lawry's. Yum Yum!
I will continue to update the blog for New Year's and January.
How do I always get so far behind...
Bye for now! Love to all!
1 comment:
LOVELY SEEING YOU AND TALKING TODAY.
I FERVENTLY HOPE YOU WILL HAVE TIME TO KEEP UP THE BLOG ONCE BABY BOY IS HERE.
GOOD WORK BECKMAN'S!
LOVE & HUGS
AUNT BARB & UNCLE HARVEY
Post a Comment