So, here are the first two babies of the house the day
before Drake arrives. Little do they know what they are in for...
Chloe and Sebastian cuddled up together.
Here I am 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant. We had
our last check at the hospital the night before my
Cesarean delivery. Drake was still breech so it was
a go. Only 3-4% of babies are breach at term - Drake is
already excelling at being unique!
June 14th around 6:00 AM. all checked into
my hospital room and waiting for surgery to start.
Very, very nervous...
I guess they anticipate the nerves and gave me an
anti-anxiety pill. The first cup that the nurse gave me was
empty and I thought it was funny. Am I going mad?
They got me another and I could have taken the whole
bottle! The surgical nurses came to get me and Derek had to
leave to get himself ready. Not helping the nerves!
At 7:53 AM, exactly 8 minutes after the surgery
began Drake was born. I could not hold him due
to being strapped down for surgery but they put him
on my chest and he kept touching my face. Precious
moments.
Here we all are together. Derek and Drake left after a bit
and I joined them about an hour later in ICU to stabilize.
After about 4 hours in ICU I was able to go to my private
room. This was the view. I could see Zurich lake and
the beautiful landscape.
Here I am passed out after surgery. Those
IV pain meds are crazy!
Derek took this - I think Drake was tired too!
After being spoiled in the hospital for a week
it was time to go home. Drake is ready is his
going home outfit that he both puked and
pee pee'd on - of course.
Another shot of our little man about to go home!
First time in his car seat. I'm sorry it does not look
very comfortable.
At home in his bassinet. All comfy and warm.
First night at home. First PJ's from our friends
Brooke and Scott. Thanks guys!
Day 2. We had to get dressed up! This cute little
number was a gift from our friends Kristin and Paul.
He looks great - thanks guys!
First time in the buggy. Drake loved it and
fell asleep in about two minutes into our walk.
We couldn't go far (I am not allowed while healing)
but it was fun!
Drake and I on our walk. It felt great to get outside for a
bit! The first week home was cool but now it has been in
the 90's. Too hot for baby! Especially without air conditioning -
something we took for granted in the US.
That pretty much sums up week one with Drake at home!
We are doing a lot of nothing except getting to know our
little miracle. I am taking it easy in order to heal properly.
Derek has been home on paternity leave and has been my
saving grace. I don't know what I would have done without him!
I will update again as soon as I can.
Love to all,
Leah, Derek and Drake.
No comments:
Post a Comment